Summertime is the best season to let fresh air inside. Take advantage of today’s season and let your air conditioning systems take a break. Open your patio doors and windows and let the summer breeze enter into the home. Reap the energy cost savings with the help of window screens.
Screens help to keep bugs out and let air enter indoors. If your window screens turned dusty and black and you don’t get a more unobstructed view from the inside, it’s time to dust away and clean your screens.
Necessary Steps in Cleaning Your Window Screens
- Remove the screens – Slowly detach the screens from the metal frame with the help of a flat screwdriver. If you’re removing all window screens at the same time, make sure to label them for easy reinstallation.
- Vacuum or use a paintbrush to dust it off – If you don’t have a vacuum, you may also use a dry rag to loosen the dust, pollen, and spider webs. Make sure to clean both sides of the screen.
- Gently wash the screens with gentle, soapy water – Create a mixture of all-purpose cleaner (¼) and water (½ gallon). Wash both sides of the screen and apply the solution with sponge or cloth.
- Rinse thoroughly – Use a hose to rinse the soap solution from the window screens. Once it’s thoroughly cleaned, pat the screens dry with a towel to absorb excess water.
- Reinstall the screens – Once they are dried out, reinstall your window screens to their rightful places.
If your window screens are torn or damaged, a screen replacement is a must. Tashman Home Center would be happy to assist you with your broken screens. Feel free to bring your screens to our store for a 24-48 turnover! Call us at (323) 285-3063, and we’ll be happy to assist.
Tashman Home Center
Tashman Home Center, an Ace Hardware home improvement store serving greater Los Angeles, provides contractors, property managers and homeowners with windows, doors, screens, glass and an extensive range of over 20,000 quality, name-brand hardware products including plumbing supplies, electrical supplies, paint and paint supplies. They specialize in installation and repair of windows and exterior doors, front doors, glass sliding doors, bi-fold doors, patio doors, window screens and security doors, closet interiors, shower doors, commercial glass and much more! If we install it, we guarantee it. For window repair, door installation and hardware materials, contact Tashmans.